Yoga fuel, run fuel, recovery bites, whatever you want to call this delicious, flavor and energy packed, bite-size treats is fine by me! These bites are going to be my go-to yoga fuel, or snack between teaching classes at Flex & Flow! They are vegan, gluten free and packed with protein thanks to the new and delicious protein powders from Bob’s Red Mill.
I recently tried the new Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powders and, first and foremost, HOLY YUM! The Vanilla is the bomb. Which ever flavor you choose, you get all the vegan pea protein and probiotics! I have been putting the protein powder into each and every smoothie I make, and even in to my overnight oats. I just realized that it would be amazing to make an on the go, all day long snack, to help me through long teaching days or just anytime I need a quick energy fix! This is how the idea for yoga-fuel energy bites came around!
I tested out two different flavors for this recipe so feel free to pick one, pick both, or even try other flavors. These bites are super versatile, so add what you like, take out what you don’t! The two flavors pictured here are Vanilla Hemp Protein Bites and Chocolate Coconut Protein Bites! The Choco Coconut is definitely my favorite…all the chocolate!
- 1 Cup Medjool Dates
- Packed tight!
- Take those pits out!
- Also, if your dates are pretty hard, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter (can sub your favorite nut butter)
- 1/2 Cup Bobs Red Mill Rolled Oats (GF free option!)
- 1 Tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/3 Cup Bobs Red Mill Protein Powder (either Vanilla or Chocolate flavor)
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (the more chocolate the better, so feel free to add in more)
- Optional: Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut for the Chocolate Coconut Bites or Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts for the Vanilla Hemp Bites
- Pulse the dates in the blender until they are super chopped up!
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse in the blender until the ingredients start to ball up
- You may have to do some scraping of the bottom of the blender between pulses; make sure the blender is off when you do this!
- Scoop out the ingredients onto a flat surface or cutting board.
- You can eyeball the size of your bites or use a Tablespoon and overfill with some of the bite ingredients and then roll into a ball with your hands.
- If you chose the Chocolate Bites, spread an even layer of shredded coconut onto your flat surface and one at a time roll each ball over the coconut to cover.
- If you chose the Vanilla Bites, spread an even layer of hemp onto your flat surface and roll each ball to cover.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days!
This recipe should make about 20 energy bites, depending if you eyeballed the size or used the Tablespoon measurement. Two bites equal one serving!
Perfect to fuel you for yoga, runs, or our #FFYSummerStrong Bootcamp Challenge! Don’t forget to bring a few extra to share some yoga/run fuel with your friends! And don’t forget to tag @flexandflow #flexandfloweats when you make this recipe!