We’re talking #yogafuel (or #runfuel, or #lifefuel) today because one, it’s necessary to fuel yourself on healthy AND delicious snacks for an active lifestyle, and two, because we’ve been gushing over the new Bobs Red Mill Nutritional Boosters! And by we, I mean a bunch of the Flex & Flow teachers, as well as my roommate’s cat, Beowulf, my boyfriend, Bryce (aka the cookie monster), and myself!
(Beowulf likes to climb into the cabinet, bite his way into Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Boosters bags, and get his awesomeness on… or so he says…)
A few weeks ago I gave you all the details about my #YogaFuel Energy Bites made with Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Booster. I’m back at it again with Bob’s Red Mill because I’ve been concocting delicious smoothies and I want to share the magic.
First let me say that this smoothie creation would not be possible without the smoothie queen herself, Jamie King…who has mastered the art of caffeinated smoothies…aka cold brew + smoothies. Jamie’s cousin and the co-founder of Fit Approach, Alyse Mason, shares her take on the art of the cold brew + chocolate smoothie. Check out her tasty recipe here!
(Minty Mocha Masterpiece by Jamie King)
Sometimes, when you love two things so much, like coffee and chocolate smoothies, you should definitely unite them into one mesmerizing situation. Other times, like when you love chocolate chips AND kale so much, you should keep those two world separate…unless you know something about chocolate covered kale that I don’t?
Let’s get right down to the smoothie business…This week, we’re are participating in the Fit Approach Instagram Challenge with Bob’s Red Mill + Sweat Pink to get #SummerStrong and #FuelYourAwesomeness. The best way I can think of fueling my awesomeness is to make the tastiest, prettiest, and healthiest (for the most part) smoothie for all the squats, chaturanga push-ups, trail runs and anything else that comes my way. So LET’S DO THIS! Join in on the challenge fun here!
#FuelYourAwesomeness Choco-Coffee Smoothie
- 1 Serving of Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Nutritional Booster
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 Cup Cold Brew Coffee (I like Rebbl Maca Cold Brew )
- 1/2 Cup Milk of Choice (I like Califia Farms Almond Milk)
- 1 Tablespoon of Almond or Peanut Butter (I like Wild Friends Nut Butters!)
- 1 Tablespoon of Hemp Seeds (I like Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts)
- 1 Banana, not frozen, for pretty picture and extra potassium purposes
- 1 tablespoon Cacao Nibs for a (little extra crunch)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint (For that Mint Choco Chip Flavor…Yum)
- Place all the yum ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, or desired consistency. For an ice cream consistency, reduce the liquid amount! For very drinkable experience, add liquid as needed!
TAKE ALL THE PICS and TAG ALL THE TAGS! #SummerStrong #FuelYourAwesomeness #SweatPink @BobsRedMill @FitApproach @FlexandFlow #FlexandFlowEats !
BONUS COUPON! Grab your deal on Bobs Red Mill products here !!