The EMPOWER Retreat in Sonoma last weekend was everything and more – 3 days with a phenomenal group of women doing all the sweaty activities, eating delicious foods and drinking wine, and empowering each other to run that extra hill, try that new arm balance and inversion, and to stay strong and positive through all the challenges. I couldn’t have dreamt up a better fitcation than this retreat!
Empowering women joined together for sweat, smiles, and the best weekend EVER!
We managed to jam pack the weekend full of all our favorite things: sweat, friends, sunshine, wine, and SNACKS! We were fed extremely well on the ranch (still dreaming of the french toast and biscuits!), but with the amount of exercise we were flying through (5 workouts and that was just on Saturday!) we needed some good old yoga and run fuel.
If you’ve been following my sweaty adventures for some time now, then you know and understand my love for Amazing Grass. Their superfood protein powders have been a staple in my life for the past year, allowing me to have the MOST delicious smoothies and snacks packed with fruits, veggies, protein, and ton of vitamins and nutrients that I don’t normally go out of my way to put into my body.
I was so excited that Amazing Grass was one of the EMPOWER Retreat sponsors and couldn’t wait for everyone to #feelamazingeveryday. Jamie and I thought the best way for the retreaters to experience and fall in love with the Amazing Grass goodness was to create some run and yoga fuel with their protein powders. And now I’m here to give you the recipe rundown of the AMAZING snacks we created using Amazing Grass products.Try these run and yoga fuel recipes with @amazinggrass #superfoodprotein! #feelamazingeveryday #sweatpink… Click To Tweet
Sweat, Sunshine, Snacks – all this girl needs in life.
Almond + Blueberry Energy Balls with Amazing Grass Superfood Protein
- 2 scoops of Amazing Grass Vanilla Superfood Protein Powder
- 2 cups of rolled outs
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1 cup of dried blueberries
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- Almond milk to add more moisture to the mix and soften the oats
Mix & Roll – the easiest run and yoga fuel EVER!
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Amazing Grass Vanilla Superfood Protein Powder and oats. For a finer texture, place oats into a blender and use the pulse setting to break up the oats.
- Add in the almond butter, honey (or maple syrup), and vanilla and mix with a spoon (or your hands if you don’t mind getting all kinds of messy).
- Add in the blueberries and continue to mix.
- Pour almond milk into the mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time. This will moisten the mixture and help with the binding when you roll into balls.
- Taste the batter to make sure it’s sweetened to your liking – you can always add more almond butter and honey/maple syrup.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, take a spoon and scoop two tabelspoons worth of mixute and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Place on a plate lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Once all the balls are made, place them in tupperware and put them straight into the fridge. You can eat them right away, but I like to let the flavors develop overnight.
- These will last up to 7 days in the fridge and for a long time in the freezer.
Run fuel to the rescue!
On our second (that’s right, second) run on Saturday, we went trail running through Sonoma Overlook Park. The sunny, 70 degree weather felt more like 85 degrees on my Portland, vampire skin. I’m no where near complaining about that sunshine, but after all the hills in the sun and the second run of the day, I was feeling pretty drained.
Luckily, our Amazing Grass protein balls were waiting for us at the bottom of the hill. I think I ate 5 in like 2 minutes (sorry, not sorry!).
They taste like little blueberry muffins, but better 😉
And if you think we stopped at protein balls, think again! Our hungry brains were going full-speed before the retreat so we decided to make protein muffins as well.
I’m definitely in my happy place with these fresh baked banana muffins!
Banana + Chocolate Chip Muffins with Amazing Grass Superfood Protein
- ½ cup of Amazing Grass Vanilla Superfood Protein Powder
- 1.5 cups of pastry flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 5 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ milk (we used almond milk, but any will do)
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and oil the liners with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- In blender/food processor add the bananas, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Add the banana mixture into the large bowl of the flour mixture. Stir until it is completely mixed and then stir in the chocolate.
- Fill each cupcake liner about halfway with mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Check on the muffins around 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 30 minutes before devouring.
- After the muffins are completely cooled, store in a ziplock bag or air tight container to keep them fresh. They will last for 5 days, but you can always freeze them to make them last much longer.
These protein-packed muffins made for the perfect post-yoga and pre-hike snack on the last day of the retreat.
Hiking through Sonoma Valley Regional Park with my sweaty friends was the perfect way to enjoy our last morning of the retreat.
Protein muffins by the pool definitely tops my list of favorite ways to snack after sweating.
There you have it, the Amazing Grass yoga and run fuel, recipe rundown. So get to rolling and baking those snacks to take on any and all of your sweaty adventures!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Amazing Grass. All opinions are my own. I truly appreciate all the brands that support the Sweat Pink community!