I use the words chocolate and peanut butter in the same sentence at least once a day. I may or may not be dipping a block of chocolate into a jar of peanut butter as we speak – #brainfood. And I have really great news that chocolate and peanut butter aren’t just a sugary dessert or middle of the day pick-me-up. Chocolate and peanut butter, when paired with the right ingredients, can make the most delicious and energizing post-workout snack.
A glass of wine always compliments a night of baking
I got to do some recipe testing and energy bite making thanks to our EMPOWER Retreat sponsor, Designer Protein. Using their chocolate flavored Sunshine Protein (vegan and delicious!), I made decadent and delicious protein bites that made the perfect snack between meals and sweat sessions at the EMPOWER Retreat in Sonoma last weekend.Chocolate, peanut butter, and @designerprotein for the win! #empowerretreat #sweatpink #iamempowered Click To Tweet
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites with Designer Protein
- 2 scoops of Designer Protein Chocolate Sunshine Protein (or Designer Protein flavor/ingredient of choice)
- 2 cups of rolled outs
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Almond milk to add more moisture to the mix and soften the oats
- In a large mixing bowl, mix Designer Protein Chocolate Sunshine Protein and oats.
- Add in the peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup) and mix with a spoon (or your hands if you don’t mind getting all kinds of messy).
- Add in the chocolate chips and coconut (if using) and continue to mix.
- Pour almond milk into the mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time. This will moisten the mixture and help with the binding when you roll into balls.
- Taste the batter to make sure it’s sweetened to your liking, and has enough PB and chocolate chips to your liking ( the more PB and chocolate the better, I think!)
- Once all the ingredients are combined, take a spoon and scoop two tabelspoons worth of mixute and use your hands to roll it into a ball. Place on a plate lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Once all the balls are made, place them in tupperware and put them straight into the fridge. You can eat them right away, but I like to let the flavors develop overnight.
- These will last up to 7 days in the fridge and for a long time in the freezer.
Retreaters took home Designer Protein samples in their swag bags, but they also got to test out these energy bites over the weekend and everybody LOVED them. I was really excited to see that the women who joined us for the retreat have the same feelings for chocolate and peanut butter as I do. I discovered we all have the same love for running, yoga, sweat, and snacks, which is so awesome because that’s all I ever want to do!
I don’t think I’ve ever had a weekend filled with so much running,
and fun with an amazing group of women!
I also don’t think I’ve ever been so hungry! Luckily the Westerbeke Ranch fed us the most delicious meals and Designer Protein energy bites held us over between sweat sessions and meals. These bites are my new favorite way to enjoy the best combination of sweet and salty known to woman – chocolate and peanut butter. And there are protein and vitamins involved, so it’s a win-win!
You probably have all, or most, of these ingredients in your house, so go make a batch of these delicious bites and you’ll be set with pre and post-workout snacks for the next week! Don’t forget to post about it, tag @designerprotein @empoweredevents #iamempowered #sweatpink, and let me know how it goes!
I saw that Alyse has already gotten her post-retreat, energy bite making game going strong! She made these delicious bites this week using the Designer Protein Organic PRO 30 vanilla protein powder – YUM! Change up and add ingredients to your liking – next time I might raisins or cranberries, mashed banana, and cinnamon to the mix!
Alright, friends, I’m off to teach, so prep this snack for all of your sweat sessions this week and feel energized and ready to get after all your push-ups, handstands, and flows!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Designer Protein. All opinions are my own. I truly appreciate all the brands that support the Sweat Pink community!