Known as Dr. Kate around the office, Kate is adjunct faculty at East West School of Massage where she teaches Anatomy & Physiology. She is the co-owner of a local, herbal beverage company called Doctor Bird Elixirs. She also owns a Paleo Cookie delivery business called Morsel Code Cookie Co. Dr. Kate has special interest in nutrition, homeopathy, western/eastern herbalism, and essential oils. She believes optimal health is fostered by the tiny little rituals we carve out time for and practice on a daily basis.
Dr. Kate has a bachelor’s degree in communications and theater from Monmouth College in Monmouth, IL and worked in both corporate and broadcast television for 7 years before beginning medical school. In 2015, she graduated with a doctorate in Naturopathic medicine and a Master’s degree in acupuncture and Chinese herbalism from The National University of Natural medicine in Portland, Oregon.
Some of the conditions Dr. Kate treats include:
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain (sprains, strains)
- Insomnia/Circadian Rhythm disturbances
- Emotional disorders (depression, stress, anxiety)
- Cancer care (side effects of chemotherapy, radiation)
- Arthritis pain
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Skin Conditions (rash, hives, psoriasis, eczema, fungal infections)
- Adrenal fatigue, low energy
- Gastrointestinal disorders
Dr. Kate offers acupuncture appointments at Flex & Flow from 2-7pm on Saturdays. Click here to book your appointment!