To keep our community safe, Flex & Flow is offering daily live streamed yoga classes on YouTube and Instagram Live and encouraging students to either donate for classes, or keep passes active and current if you can. And if you can’t, we understand – we also appreciate your words of support and anytime you just show up to flow and connect with us.
A letter from our owner, Jamie King:
I don’t think I’ve ever had a heavier heart than I do right now, but with so much uncertainty and fear swirling around COVID-19, I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing when it comes to all of you – my family – this amazing Flex & Flow community.
So it is with the heaviest of hearts that I am writing to inform you that we have made the proactive decision to temporarily discontinue classes at the studio, effective immediately. We have taken this proactive measure to protect the health of you, our teachers and staff, and the community at large. The intent of these measures is to slow the infection rate in our community to allow our health care system to prepare for the increasing case load.
We had hoped to stay open to provide an outlet for our community during this difficult time as we know that when things get chaotic, consistency in a practice or routine is important, but our health and wellbeing has to be our priority right now. And I want to be able to continue to provide this support for you as much as possible. Additionally, we also struggled with how to support our many incredible employees who rely upon their paychecks to stay afloat.
With that said, we feel a moral imperative to take whatever steps necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19 as quickly as possible. While fitness is crucial to keep one’s immunity strong, we don’t feel comfortable putting our customers and staff at risk. We hope to help “flatten the curve” of transmission and play our part in bringing this crisis to a quicker resolution.
We are beyond grateful to all of you who have reached out to us during this challenging time. We can’t thank you enough for your support and encouragement.
We will automatically extend the expiration date on all packages to accommodate this closure.
Because small businesses like ours do not have the resources of larger corporations, this challenge may change the face of communities like ours, as we quickly exhaust our financial resources to “hold it together,” and to employ our core staff and talent.
I am asking for your support in weathering this crisis.
Here is what is happening next:
- Classes. Starting Monday, March 16, any class listed on our schedule will be available ONLY as a livestream on YouTube and @flexandflow Instagram. No classes will be offered in the studio. We’ll also upload these classes to YouTube so you can access them on demand.
- Passes and payment. For now, our online classes will be available to everyone, free of charge. If you are able, we would appreciate you supporting us in one of the following ways:
- If you have a monthly membership: maintain your membership. We will extend it to reflect the time we are closed.
- If you have a class card: use a class for live classes that you attend.
- Donate for live streamed classes that you attend here. All proceeds from live streamed classes will go directly to paying our instructors.
- If you know you’d be purchasing more class passes at Flex & Flow in the future, consider purchasing them early. We’ll extend expiration dates so you have more than enough time to use them.
Thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my hear for being part of our community, and for your support in good times and bad. We appreciate YOU. May you and your loved ones stay healthy and well.
p.s. Here is a link to facts on this virus, as well as a resource to get updated information on our area: https://multco.us/health-officer/novel-coronavirus-covid-19. Please know we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our community. We will continue to share any updates that impact our community. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Jamie / Nic at firstname.lastname@example.org.