Practice Makes Progress
March 27 – April 2
This week, we felt inspired by all the work you’re doing on the mat. From taking risks and falling out of poses to pushing your edge and taking those extra push-ups, handstands, and arm balances – YOU are crushing it and we hope you see that, too!
Keep scrolling to see this week’s happenings and what’s to come!
This week was all about core, hips, and shoulder strength. From handstands to crow pose to challenging one-legged poses (all the burning muscles!) you all took your practice to a new level this week. It really is true what they say – practice makes progress.
We’re firm believers that falling is so necessary for yoga. When you fall, you learn that you went a little past your edge and how to train your muscles to stop you right when you hit that edge in a pose. That edge is where you find the balance, strength, breath, and focus to hold the poses longer.
Do something great for your body and mind with this 2-hour practice where you’ll warm the body with a slow Hatha practice and then melt away in restorative postures. Alissa will be offering hands-on assists and a personal Reiki treatment for each student.
Due to time and energy, this class caps off at 12 students. The cost of this special class is $35. Sign up now!
- LOST & FOUND: We have mats, water bottles and apparel in our lost & found behind the front desk. Most items have been behind the desk for over a month. Please claim your lost items before the end of the week when we’ll be donating the items to GoodWill. Thank you!
- Saturday Run Club | April 7 | Forest Park – Maple Trail | Meet at the Flex & Flow at 6:40 am or at the Saltzman Rd trailhead for anywhere up to 6 miles| Join the Flex & Flow Runners Facebook group to connect with all our runners and stay up to date on the run club schedule.
- Live Acoustic Active Restoration with Alissa and live music by Justine | April 8 at 7:15 PM
- Slow Flow & Reiki with Alissa | April 22 at 7:15 PM | $35
- Gixo 5K run with Athleta | May 5 at 7 AM
- YogaFestPDX | June 24 | FREE Yoga Festival in NE Portland! Join Flex & Flow and many other yoga studios for a day filled with yoga classes and fun for everyone!